Now I'm 65

My blog, “When I’m 64,” can now be called “Now I’m 65.” In many ways it’s been a “Very Good Year.” In other ways it’s been crazy and hectic! I’ve done a lot of contemplating over the last little while about changes I might make. I can draw a pension and consider quitting work but I realize I’m by no means ready to do that. I’m lucky enough to have a 20 hour a week job over a 3 day period that I enjoy. I also keep my mind active developing curriculum, and then preparing and teaching a TESOL (Teacher of English for Speakers of Other Languages) program. My current home is a small suite situated in a warehouse in Canada. I’m happy with my space and find it tranquil/ peaceful. If I have to move, I won’t need much more space to keep me happy. I know I’ll keep writing no matter where I am or what I’m doing. I have a suspense adventure book started, 15,000 words in, but whether I get it finished this year remains to be seen. I realize it really doesn’t matter if I do or don’t! I’m also putting time into writing my part of my family history. That’s definitely a challenge. A couple of friends are finally realizing their publishing dreams. Ruby Cooper finally got her e-book, Irish Mongrel Child, available through amazon.com. Ruby is a fascinating woman who enjoys life to the fullest. The first time I spoke with her was in Puerto Vallarta at the weekly PV Writer’s Group. That was at least 5 years ago. Right now she is traveling in the Amazon. Last year she finished a year of teaching in China. “You are a great mentor Ruby.“ Another friend, Annette Bower, has her first book in print, Woman of Substance. Her newest is an e-book, Moving On - a Prairie Romance, and is available through amazon.com. It’s a finalist on eFestival of Words Virtual Book Fair. I met Annette in southern Saskatchewan in the late 90’s at a week-long writer’s workshop. Writing was her dream then and she’s still realizing that dream. “Good for you Annette!” My plan is to keep traveling. I have to start using some of my Avios miles before I lose them. Portugal and Spain are definitely on my list, and maybe the UK. I just heard from a friend who is living in a chalet in France, so I might even go visit her. There are so many places to experience and I can also see myself following in Ruby’s footsteps and heading for Brazil. Yes, there’s a lot to do this year and I plan to enjoy every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment