Riding the Roller-Coaster in Retirement!

A friend recently asked why he hadn't seen any new blog posts since the end of 2012.  Well, life happens!  It's not that I've given up writing.  I actually have been writing more than I usually do.  My blog got put on the back burner for a few months. 

Since January:
1)  I have written multiple pages of information around bullying and harassment in the workplace, which I chose not to blog about.
2)  I have written chapters on the history of my family in BC in preparation for a family reunion in 2014.  That is a blog in itself because I'm a 7th generation Canadian and a 5th generation BC'er!
3)  I have totally revamped a course for instructing TESOL (Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages) while teaching the course and overseeing practicum placements.

Needless to say I've done lots of writing!

Otherwise I've made one trip to Edmonton, which is not my usual winter travel schedule.  I loved seeing my family and celebrating my Mom's 85th birthday, but the trip didn't lend itself to blogging about my adventures. I've also been technologically challenged as I get used to using an ipad after being a PC user forever.

I will turn 64 in July.  Wow!  I don't feel like I should be approaching 64, although some mornings there are a few more creaks and groans that seem to take longer to work out of my body.  I love the articles I read about 60+ now is what used to be 40+ and I truly believe that, most of the time.  There have been a few days when I've looked in the mirror and seen my grandmother though!

When I visited a friend in Switzerland in 2008, I met her aunt, who was extremely French and very active.  She was close to 80 at the time but looked more like 60.  She had no grey hairs, impecable make-up, and dressed in up-to-date clothing.  I have to practise applying make-up but I can certainly deal with the rest, I'm sure!

My life now involves a very active 3 year old granddaughter, who is also a reason for me feeling younger.  Getting down on the floor to experience life from a child's perspective again is definitely interesting.  Things have definitely changed though in child rearing in the last 40 years.  Some of it is good and some a challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment